Activities & Clubs
Involvement is offered in Division 2, Junior and Senior leagues and meets for Track, Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer and Badminton.
5-Star Athlete Program
Athletic Director: Mr. Linger
Division Two (Grades 4-6) and Junior/Senior (Grades 7-9) Students’ Unions plan special events and dress-up days throughout the year. The last day, every other week, is “Hat Day” when students pay a loonie for the privilege of wearing a hat throughout the school day. The Students’ Unions alternate to collect the money, which is then put towards a project or projects decided upon by each group.
Advisor: Mrs. Gardiner
Director: Mrs. Kuyek
The P.A.W.S. Junior (Grades 7 & 8) Girls’ & Boys’ Councils meet at lunch hour once per month. Lunch is provided.
- Junior Girls: Being a Girl (discussion of issues pertinent to girls in this age group and building resiliency skills to cope) Mentors: TBA
- Junior Boys: Standing Together (addressing common interpersonal challenges for boys in this age group by employing engaging activities and promotes fairness and teamwork) Mentor: TBA
The P.A.W.S. Senior (Grades 9-12) Girls’ & Boys’ Councils meet at lunch hour once per month. Lunch is provided.
- Senior Girls: Relationships with Peers (building more effective and meaningful relationships) Mentors: TBA
- Senior Boys: Part 2 of Journey of the Great Warrior (building competencies in a variety of areas and creating a sense of empowerment to contribute to a healthy, active lifestyle) Mentors: TBA
The Safety Patrol controls the 2 sidewalks in front of the school before and after school
Supervisor: Mrs. Kuyek
Safety Patrol Schedule
A.M. Shift: 8:20-8:35 a.m. Please be at school by 8:15 a.m.
P.M. Shift: 3:30-3:45. Please leave your class by 3:35 p.m.
Safety Patrol Responsibilities
- Show up for your shift on time.
- You MUST have your vest on, your stop sign and a timepiece (watch or cellphone)
If you cannot make your shift, please inform another patroller not on the schedule to fill
in for you. If you cannot make it, inform your partner there will be no patrolling duty for
- Any misbehaviours, illegally parked vehicles, or any other incidents, should be reported to
Mrs. Kuyek, Mrs. Hetherington, or Mrs. Smart. Have a note pad and a pen or pencil with
you so you can write things down.
- Call LAST CROSSING 2 minute before the end of your shift.
Lunch Buddies take turns supervising Division 1 classrooms while the children eat their lunch.
Lunch Room Helpers volunteer their time to help serve lunch for one week in three.